Sign in to follow this  
Tino

New user struggling

Hi there,

I apologise for the very basic question since most of the questions here seem extremely advanced. I just got the Z to replace my old loyal mouse that was on it's last legs but i'm struggling with what seems to be a completely basic function.

I play Warcraft and just want to bind each button to a spell on my action bar. Top and Bottom thumbs come already built in the Swiftpoint Driver software so it was very easy to just map the two actions I wanted onto them, but when I try and assign the others, nothing registers. I just want to click the Front Edge for example and I want it to register in game as a click of that mousebutton. I could do it easily on my previous mice.

Here is a screen shot of what i attempted for the Front and Rear Edge buttons:

https://imgur.com/a/wkB7L3Z

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Well Imo what you did should be right
Maybe clear the profile and remap it, since sometimes the profiles break

Thanks for reply.

I tried what you suggested and even cleared the pre-mapped profiles but it's still not working.

What does work is if I map Shift-1 to the button and then use that as the keybind on the spell, but i would really just like to have the buttons act as separate mouse buttons. Anything else I could be missing?

@Tino

As @Zeanon said, what you have setup is correct. The only issue is that Warcraft unfortunately does not support mouse buttons 6+ as outputs.

While they are standard mouse outputs very few applications actually support them. So in most cases you will need to use keyboard or joystick outputs instead.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:43 PM, Bryce said:

@Tino

As @Zeanon said, what you have setup is correct. The only issue is that Warcraft unfortunately does not support mouse buttons 6+ as outputs.

While they are standard mouse outputs very few applications actually support them. So in most cases you will need to use keyboard or joystick outputs instead.

Bind it to a keyboard key, then add that keyboard input onto your mouse.

Example, """""""""  / """"""""" key could be a spell, and then you go into the driver software and add """""""" / """""""""" to the mouse button of your choosing.