Sign in to follow this  
PureSelfishness

Bug or weak software, Swiftpoint Z.

Posted (edited)

Okay, so, I've been playing Fortnite somewhat competitively, and have been doing the build maneuver known as 90s, first of all if you look at the thumb buttons on the G502 they are perfect for doing 90s, and only a thumb or non-dominant hand can be used to build your floor, ramp, wall. First I will say because this is a jack of all trades mouse, so the thumb buttons are very difficult to use for FPS because I think they were designed with flying games in mind. But my main issue actually is the fact if I release the bottom thumb button and immediately press the top thumb button, the bottom thumb button won't switch to the top even though I am holding the top thumb button down and have released the bottom thumb press, it may be because I simultaneous pressed both buttons at the same time at one point. Perhaps this could be fixed with a button repeat function like the Logitech g502 has (which you can time down to the milliseconds), since it would refresh the press periodically to what you are currently holding down.  I also would very value a key repeat function to be added in the next software update, it's the closest thing you can get to a macro which is banned in most competitive games. If you could add a repeat while pressed option like the g502 it would fix a lot of the flaws I have with this mouse.

Edit: I just checked, Bugha, the world's best Fortnite player does "90s" the same way I'm describing and so would be unable to use this mouse, so I'd say 90% of Fortnite players couldn't use this mouse with both how difficult it is to press the the thumb buttons and the fact it gets "stuck" and won't switch over to the new keypress.

This is a remarkable mouse but Occam's Razor may be its defeat.

Edited by PureSelfishness
minor acute dyslexia. Also, added some research.**

Okay, I fixed the bug with the 90's (I think), I added a second release press, so I use the thumb keys to build a floor and ramp, when you add the keystroke it will have a release press under it, but you need to add a second release function to the first press action.

I'm too lazy to read that long post, but there is no bug if you did not add release. It's called tap if you want press and release... Swiftpoint software is really good.

@PureSelfishness

I'm not familiar with this 90's maneuver, but it sounds interesting. Could you attach a screenshot of how you have configured this on your mouse?

That will help me understand how it works, and hopefully see why it might not be working as you expect.