Sign in to follow this  
PureSelfishness

Another criticism of the SwiftPointZ.

After using this mouse, I've come to the realization that finger presses are incredibly weak in FPS games, since you either have to remove your index finger or heavily tax it with two extra buttons (Fingertip + Trigger), the index finger is the most important finger in FPS games since it controls the left click giving you the ultimatum on whether to shoot or not, whereas the thumb seems to be the most versatile finger to use with a mouse in FPS games, but the Swiftpoint has under invested in it and instead focuses on finger buttons. I can tell even over taxing your right finger pulls at the muscles on your left. It also seems plausible your brain separates your thumb more so than your other fingers, leading to less confusion during multitasking scenarios. So basically if you guys ever make a new mouse with more buttons, maybe give the thumb more love. It's also missing another pleasant thumb button compared to the g502, which is the DPI-shift with the little target symbol, that DPI-shift key fits perfectly and for most people without long thumbs it sits out of reach which may have been intended so as not to over-complicate users, but I wish it had been closer to the palm.

So if this sounds confusing, I'm basically saying, I think thumb buttons are more important than finger buttons in FPS. I wish it had at least 4 thumb buttons instead of two, I also mentioned earlier in another thread how uncomfortable the SwiftPointZ's thumb buttons are.

• Thanks 1

Funny you mention the G502, which crapped out after 4 months of light use. Left mouse button started double-clicking. I do like the idea of more thumb buttons, but please move them closer to where the thumb rests. The G502 you have to lift your hand off the mouse to get at the dpi button..so i never assigned it.

dont forget the pinky and ring finger for consideration. I agree thumb is prime real-estate.

also the pixel phone has a squeeze feature, that would be killer on mouse.