Deph

Click "past" a force level?

Question

The Steam Controller has this great option on it's trigger for "hip fire" -- where you can quickly click past the first trigger level to the next, with the first on a delay.

Allowing you to have two distinct functions on the same trigger without needing to press the first to reach the second.

Is there a way to do this on the Z? Delay the initial press a moment, and if you reach the deep click before that, not fire the starter click at all?

2 answers to this question

The Z doesn't have this exact feature. But the way to achieve something similar is to assign your outputs to the "Release" input rather than the Press; and to use the "Block Further Outputs" flag. As in the example below.

image.png.df659ca8d82e34342502ec1703172d1f.png

With this setup you would only trigger 1 of the 4 possible inputs when you release the button, depending on how hard you press. 

Ahh, boo. was hoping to use the same trigger I use on the steam controller, where aim and fire are the same button, and I can just press through aim to get to the trigger when I need to. (which would need me to be able to hold things)

Will have to think of ways to use it this way though, now! thank you!

So many other things to try, still!