2 Fabulous components that don't play nice.

Does anyone possibly have an Azeron game pad. I'm having issues getting the mouse and pad to play nice. When they work it is fabulous but after a bit of time my game freaks out and to get any of the peripherals working again, I have to do a full restart on the PC. I thought at first I just was configuring the mouse completely wrong as I changed it over to use modifiers and the like on it and the Azeron for movement and main spells but I finally got back to trying to use my Z as the other mouse I have sucks as far as the button layouts and is not comfortable at all since I went back to raiding. Casual play the other mouse is ok as I'm not having to really do much *shrugs* Anyway if anyone has advise regarding this please let me know how you got them to work together. 

I'm a big fan of gaming keypads, currently using the Orbweaver. I wasn't aware of the Azeron but it looks very interesting. Whats it like compared to standard key layout of other keypads? 

I've said it a few times here that Swiftpoint should consider building one. 

I'd love to see SwiftPoint focus on different devices. Personally I'd love a gaming keypad to pair up with the Z. Looking at utilising the tilt / pivot, deep clicks and vibration feedback features and seeing how you could create a device to innovative movement in-game. 

I'm surprised there is a conflict. Both store bindings to the device. Try changing the Z's "Game Controller Type" to "none" rather than joystick. I wonder if thats causing it. Otherwise I'm not sure.

I recently learned about Azeron and I am considering buying it, so I am very interested in this topic.

First of all, are the two devices connected directly to the PC on individual slots or are they connected to some sort of USB HUB?
You could also check in the Windows device manager if there is any driver conflict.
Moreover, to determine if the cause of the problem lies in a particular configuration of your PC or it is a real incompatibility between the two devices, do you have a way to try the couple Z - Azeron with a game on another PC?

Thanks for the input @L!qu!d  and  @CodeBerryI am actually on the Azeron support and someone there actually uses the Swiftpoint and has no problems. Conflicts are only with non multi input games, which is most of what I play. The Z or the Azeron wants to take the axis movement Or buttons on the Z clash with a button press on the Azeron. It was suggested Stop using Joystick button 1 and 2 and disable gyro but I don't see any of that being used and I deleted the default profiles that came with the mouse as I had no need of them in general. I actually got the Azeron when I was using my laptop and the conflict first started and now I am on a new PC and the conflicts are there again. I was given some suggestions to make them play nice using game specific profiles and of course the joystick being off. As far as using the Azeron compared to other game pads I have used, nothing compares. The thing that makes it so great is it conforms you your hand so minimal movement of the fingers to get do what you need. My hands are bad and the KB gets to me anymore between using it for work then gaming on top of it. The Z was the best investment i have ever made for my left and and the Azeron compares to that for the right so now just gotta bring them together and life will be prefect lol

@L!qu!d Yep I have had no issues since I made the suggested changes so far.  I am very happy. Only thing left to figure out with the z, if it's possible, is a loop macro I don't have to hold the button constantly to work :)

5 minutes ago, Dragonfail said:

if it's possible, is a loop macro I don't have to hold the button constantly to work :)

What actions do you want it to do?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Azeron. Looks very nice and interested to see what it's like to play with. I'm primarily a FPS player. Few TPS like Division 2. Will watch a few reviews and consider it some more. The decision is hard as my Orbweaver isn't that old.

Edited by CodeBerry

So I have an in game macro that has a main rotation on it for fighting. I have that bound to key 1 for KB. what I would like it to be able to press the key and the 1 just goes and press again it stops.  I was able to figure out how to make it just go with the key press, I just cant figure out the combo to make it stop with another key press. To be honest it would be great to do it on the Azeron, but the software is in alpha so no macro capabilities yet so need to make it work on the z for that.  I can understand the hesitation if your Orb weaver is newish. I do know Azeron is used for like CoD, Fortnite Apex and a bunch of other peeps that play shooters. I know not all those ore FPS, but so far I have not had a game that it can't be made to work with. I have WoW which is my main game, but also Dauntess MHW, FN, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, CoDMW, Tetris Effect. I could name more but that gives a pretty good range different types of games lol

You could create the entire macro on the Z but if you have other software and set it up already for "key 1" then the way I would do it is:

13211586_ScreenShot2020-06-29at1_18_06PM.png.af2c39910fa4724c34d7bb359f92fd77.png

Here is the "press" bindings:

355174779_ScreenShot2020-06-29at1_18_13PM.png.ee6191d01f66d07f2482e39e033f9a96.png

It's a basic loop to tap "1" key, repeat and to never stop. You might want to adjust the wait time so it works best for your macro action.

Here is the "release" bindings:

246426471_ScreenShot2020-06-29at1_18_25PM.png.179128e382a9ddf339862d8d216be2a8.png

This says on the first click do the loop set in the press binding. On a second click, stop all loops.

Edited by CodeBerry

what I would like it to be able to press the key and the 1 just goes and press again it stops.

On second read, you might be wanting to hold "key 1" down on first click and then release on second click. 

Here is the "press" bindings:

2130777862_ScreenShot2020-06-29at1_38_33PM.png.2c383970956410509102fd582222720b.png

This might require you to turn auto-release off in overall settings. 

855737444_ScreenShot2020-06-29at2_20_11PM.png.e6384c63b09a61bfc9116e700d4767b8.png

Edited by CodeBerry

OMG thank you so much @CodeBerry! The first one was correct for what i was wanting. I had the first part right with the looping. I just couldn't figure out the stop. I would have never figured that out with using the alternate thing. I got it set and it is working perfectly now. :D Life is back to perfect for me again, cuz i'm extremely easy to please like that lol 

Hi @Dragonfail, happy you solved 👍

7 hours ago, CodeBerry said:

I'm seriously thinking about getting a Azeron. Looks very nice and interested to see what it's like to play with. I'm primarily a FPS player. Few TPS like Division 2. Will watch a few reviews and consider it some more. The decision is hard as my Orbweaver isn't that old.

I own an Orbweaver too, so if you buy the Azeron I will be extremely interested in your impressions.

Honestly guys, the Azeron is a great piece of gear. I do want to point out it is a newer product and the software is still Alpha so where you guys use the Orb Weaver with the fancy smancy Razor Synapse(I used Razor products for a long time so know that software too)  You may want to wait a bit. The Azeron software is not even close to having the capabilities of your current software. This is why I'm having to figure out how to do my macro keys on the Z as I can't do them on Azeron yet at all. Not that I want to discourage your interest by any means, just want ya'll to be aware of that aspect as well. I swear by the comfort of Azeron though. Combined with my Z I can game all day with absolutely no pain in my hands now. I'm an old lady though, so comfort was more important ;)

5 hours ago, Dragonfail said:

I do want to point out it is a newer product and the software is still Alpha

I'm a strong believer that the products is only as good as the software. In saying that I kickstarted the Z, and didn't have offical Mac drivers for a very long time. I can wait as long as I know work is being done on it and there is a roadmap of features they are looking to build. Something Swiftpoint is arguably not good at doing. 

5 hours ago, Dragonfail said:

This is why I'm having to figure out how to do my macro keys on the Z as I can't do them on Azeron yet at all.

The lack of macro's can be fixed by using other software like AutoHotKey. I'd assume you could bind a macro to a hotkey and then set Azeron to trigger that hotkey. 

I'm interested in getting the Azeron. I've desired something better for my left hand for a long time. My main concern is that in my research, reviewers weren't sure the thumbstick was good for FPS movement e.g. the quick A/D strafing. Yet seems great for 3rd person e.g. GTA where its better when transitioning between walk and run. I saw a few gamers using it in Fortnite, I'm guessing Azeron pushed a few their way for marketing reasons. Not my game but they seemed to love it. I'm guessing the learning curve is also huge, moving away from WASD and muscle memory.

My birthday is coming up, maybe a present to myself. 

• 1 month later...

As a Z owner with another one arriving as soon as the indigogo completes, who also owns an Azeron Classic, I can say this: if you like moving your character with the thumb, then yes; the Azeron is worth buying. It has macros, but not as good as the Z. If you need to do complex macros, you can offload that tasking to the Z. It works great in Halo, Destiny, ARMA3, and all the recent Ghost Recon open world games.

If it breaks, it’s user repairable. You don’t like a switch? Go buy the kind you like. Don’t like the stick? You can mod it to something you want. As long as you know how to solder. Don’t want to get your hands dirty? You can send it in.

Mind you, some games were designed with either/or WASD/Analogue. Halo and Destiny will run with WASD.  ARMA3 doesn’t care and will accept either at the same time. So will Breakpoint. But some games like Metro Exodus or Wildlands will throw a panic and interface flicker. It cannot be helped.

10 hours ago, Patrick said:

Mind you, some games were designed with either/or WASD/Analogue.

In those cases, you could program the joystick to be EDSF instead of analogue if the interface flicker bugged you enough, correct?

I've been looking at the Azeron and the MoveMaster lately and haven't made up my mind yet.

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2020 at 3:56 PM, CodeBerry said:

@Dragonfail, I've held off for as log as I can and am about to push the order button. Before I do, do you have any reason not to? Still love it and working well?

I still love this Azeron and it has gotten even better over time as I have that muscle memory down and knowing the keys on it better new game set ups are way easier as I can look through a game list on binds and match up to the Azeron keys much faster and get in and play right away 99% of the time with few adjustment. I don't think this will disappoint at all 

Edited by Dragonfail
  • 2 weeks later...

Received my Azeron yesterday and had a quick play today. Works flawlessly beside the Z in Division 2. Movement is great with the thumbstick. The hand position and key locations are comfortable. Already feels better that the Orbweaver.

IMG_5947.thumb.jpeg.4c19677e3b1a3da01db79c2e4f4d7c01.jpeg