CodeBerry

New TRACER mouse & software

Just saw the new crowd funding campaign for the TRACER. Very interesting, not for the device itself (as we have the Z) but for the software. 

I'm glad the software has been revamped and it looks like someone saw my Driver Features and UI Design post, as many of the ideas and features look very similar.

Can I please get confirmation from Swiftpoint that this software will be compatible with the Z? Surely you will have the sense to have one driver for both devices. 

@Bryce

• Like 1

@CodeBerry I can confirm that our new software will also support the Z. So the new user-friendly interface, pre-configured profiles and action libraries will also be available to all Z users.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bryce said:

@CodeBerry I can confirm that our new software will also support the Z. So the new user-friendly interface, pre-configured profiles and action libraries will also be available to all Z users.

PC, Mac and Linux?

Yes to PC and Mac, but not Linux.

The new software is built on the cross-platform framework we used for the Z's macOS software released last year. On launch it will be compatible with Windows 7+, and macOS 10.12+. And future updates will be released on both Windows and macOS simultaneously.

Will the new software support configuration of the Z-specific features (colours, tilt and OLED etc) on launch?

9 minutes ago, CodeBerry said:

how soon can we Zers get our hands on it?

We've been doing closed Alpha testing for a while now. So I'll push out a version to the beta test group in the near future.

Public release will of course be before Tracer starts shipping in October, but how much before will depend on how testing progresses.

3 minutes ago, CodeBerry said:

Will the new software support configuration of the Z-specific features (colours, tilt and OLED etc) on launch?

Some Z specific features will not be part of the re-designed interface on launch (e.g. OLED & Tilt). But all of that functionality will still be available in the new software via an updated version of the old interface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the design of the TRACER did you consider allowing the purple theme to be customisable?

I'm sure some would love the chance to buy a colour pack with thumb, edge, fingertip, trigger buttons and non slip stickers in any colour. If possible the rubber on the wheel too.

Just recently purchased Z. Was really exited to see there is more going on with software side of wings!

Is there any plans for xinput support in next generation of the driver? None of the games in my library managed to work with (direct input?) Z controller emulation without additional external software, Xinput is kind of a standard for most of the new games.

Posted (edited)

I got the e-mail about the Tracer and thought, "new Z software at last?"
I hop on to ask the question and it's already been asked and confirmed!  I'm happy :)

@Bryce Will it finally be possible to re-order profiles/sub-profiles and be able to export/import sub-profiles without having to mess with the export file?

Edited by NeonGamer

Hey @Bryce,
Didn’t get an email. Checked my junk mail and nada. Is it because I’m only registered to the community forum? Only found out about the Indigogo from a fellow owner.
Anyway, supported the Indigogo. Got another Z.
Can’t wait to try out the new software!

The email I referred to came from Kickstarter. I assume Indigogo sent one too. No email from Swiftpoint as far as I'm aware. 

3 hours ago, CodeBerry said:

The email I referred to came from Kickstarter. I assume Indigogo sent one too. No email from Swiftpoint as far as I'm aware. 

What @CodeBerry said - I got an e-mail from Indiegogo

Congrats on the new mouse. 

I seriously don't know why any serious computer user (gamer or productivity) doesn't own a Swiftpoint. Best mouse, hands down. 

• Like 1

I dunno. It could simply be inertia. Everyone automatically thinks of Logitech, Razer, (name popular brand name here), for gaming mice. Swiftpoint has a steep hill to climb despite its mouse having outrageous advantages over other mice. Them showcasing the deep click functions right on the Tracer campaign page should help a ton. It’s simple to understand. I click light, mouse does one thing. I click deeper, holy sh#$t, it does something more?!?What magic is this?!?

Kids will grok that. Some adults too.

22 hours ago, CodeBerry said:

In the design of the TRACER did you consider allowing the purple theme to be customisable?

Do you mean producing different coloured parts so users could swap them out, or just making different coloured versions of Tracer?

Either way, this isn't something we looked at for Tracer. But during the Z's development we did play around with swappable back-plates. 

21 hours ago, Art said:

Is there any plans for xinput support in next generation of the driver?

XInput support has always been on our wish-list. But given Tracers reduced analog capabilities it wasn't a high priority for the launch version of our new software. 

So it's still on the table, but not part of any firm plans right now. Keep nudging us on it though. I want to see it added too, it's just a matter of having it high enough on the list when we have the budget to do it.

17 hours ago, NeonGamer said:

Will it finally be possible to re-order profiles/sub-profiles and be able to export/import sub-profiles without having to mess with the export file?

The new interface is mainly about simplifying the experience for new users, as the current one tends to scare people off. So more advanced features like the parent/sub profile system have not been modified in this update. But there is one change that will make the process of moving mappings from a sub profile to a parent (or vice versa) a bit easier.

The new version will add the ability to copy blocks of mappings from one input to any other input. So if you've setup a bunch of nested inputs with complex outputs you will be able to quickly copy this to another profile. Rather than having to re-create it from scratch.

18 hours ago, Bryce said:
On 7/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, CodeBerry said:

Do you mean producing different coloured parts so users could swap them out, or just making different coloured versions of Tracer?

Either way, this isn't something we looked at for Tracer. But during the Z's development we did play around with swappable back-plates.

@Bryce, swap them out.

Let's say you have the option to purchase a black or white version of the Tracer or Z. The body and main buttons (left & rightclick) are in this primary colour and can't be swapped. 

Now every other button and non slip stickers could be swapped out for a different colour to match the users taste. The finger tip and triggers are already customisable, it's a case of making the other buttons / scroll wheel rubber replaceable.

Bottom line is gamers love their RGB and colour themes. On the other hand, users within an office environment like something less vibrant. The Tracer could be even more appealing to purchase with these options. Incidental the colour packs work as replacement parts for wear and tear.

For example, the person who builds this PC might pick the white Tracer with red buttons or black buttons. Maybe both and run a mix of red buttons and black non slip stickers.

image.png.ba637db4e81df5bd2bea1fbed9acafe0.png

Will my previous z profiles work with the new software as I spent a very long time programing them. 

Edited by Zentipede

On 8/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, CodeBerry said:

swap them out.

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with you that having that kind of customization would be a great feature. Our current Z/Tracer design partially accommodates it with the fingertip and trigger button caps. But the other buttons are more difficult to swap out, so would need to be re-designed either with removable caps, or just made easier to access (e.g. currently all three left mouse buttons need to be removed to swap out the edge buttons).

It's something to consider for the future though.

16 hours ago, Zentipede said:

Will my previous z profiles work with the new software as I spent a very long time programing them. 

Yes, profiles from the Zs existing software can be imported into the updated software.

12 hours ago, SoreGums said:

Does the Tracer come with the case?

The case that came with the retail edition of the Z wont be included with Tracer. 

Since previous profiles can be imported does that include vibration and oled screen configurations 

Also when a beta comes out will I be able to test it?