New TRACER mouse & software

On 8/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, Zentipede said:

Since previous profiles can be imported does that include vibration and oled screen configurations 

Yes, everything in your current Z profiles can be carried across to the updated software. 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, Zentipede said:

Also when a beta comes out will I be able to test it?

Our new software is now publicly available via our website. But anyone who's also interested in beta tester can register their interest here.

Edited by Bryce
added public release link and updated beta link.

will you be able to program a button press plus mouse movement? for example top button press+mouse movement up=1.

or is that only available for the z?

and will you be able to name what a button does with custom profiles? so that when you haven't played a game in a while, you'll be able to look in the software to see what every button does.

Edited by uhmwhat?
extra question
16 hours ago, uhmwhat? said:

will you be able to program a button press plus mouse movement? for example top button press+mouse movement up=1.

or is that only available for the z?

Right now mouse movement gestures are only available to the Z in the new software.

16 hours ago, uhmwhat? said:

and will you be able to name what a button does with custom profiles? 

In the Zs "Expert Mode" names can be assigned to any mapping so profiles are always easy to understand in the new interface.

New software looks great!  The only thing I'd add in videos is "how to name", which you just described, to bridge the gap between the 2nd and 3rd videos since the 2nd has named macros.

Can I laugh at the first video tho?  I think profile switching for games is just silly as heck.  How often does anyone fire up a game and then fire up a new one 5 minutes later such that mode switching becomes something to worry about?

On the other hand, mode switching for productivity where I will be switching applications all the time is killer!  My keyboard does while my Z doesn't, so I've ended up using more keyboard macros even where a mouse macro would make more sense.  Very much looking forward to this feature.

3 hours ago, Demonspawn said:

Can I laugh at the first video tho?  I think profile switching for games is just silly as heck.  How often does anyone fire up a game and then fire up a new one 5 minutes later such that mode switching becomes something to worry about?

It's a quick demo video of the feature to illustrate how it works. I don't think you should take it as a literal real world use-case. 

3 hours ago, Demonspawn said:

On the other hand, mode switching for productivity where I will be switching applications all the time is killer! 

This is a real world use-case of the feature. But if you were to show the feature in a small 30 second clip whats more exciting, gaming or an Excel spreadsheet?

17 hours ago, CodeBerry said:

It's a quick demo video of the feature to illustrate how it works.

I absolutely understand that.  I just find it funny that this is a "gaming feature" for every product that has it.  Every other product manufacturer displays it as a gaming feature.  It's always demonstrated with games.

But it's not a gaming feature, it's an awesome productivity feature!

17 hours ago, CodeBerry said:

But if you were to show the feature in a small 30 second clip whats more exciting, gaming or an Excel spreadsheet?

Personally?  I'd geek out showing shortcuts changing as the user switches between Excel/Word, VS, VS Code, and browser for webpage they're building.  But, yeah, I'm a programmer and, yeah, that's a touch harder to show in 30 seconds.

On 8/7/2020 at 6:02 PM, Demonspawn said:

I absolutely understand that.  I just find it funny that this is a "gaming feature" for every product that has it.  Every other product manufacturer displays it as a gaming feature.  It's always demonstrated with games.

But it's not a gaming feature, it's an awesome productivity feature!

I think, it's usefull for both, even though for most productivity stuff I just use my basic Desktop profile, whereas on the other hand I have like 11 different gaming profiles, so I get, why it's advertised as a gaming feature

On 8/8/2020 at 7:18 PM, Zentipede said:

Wait, what’s expert mode on the z? I’m really confused

The main goal was to simplify things for new users who were overwhelmed by the Zs current interface. So to keep things simple much of the Z's advanced functionality is not included in the new interface. Instead it is available to Z users in "Expert Mode" which can be accessed via a button in the new interface; and will be very familiar to you.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, Demonspawn said:

On the other hand, mode switching for productivity where I will be switching applications all the time is killer!  My keyboard does while my Z doesn't, so I've ended up using more keyboard macros even where a mouse macro would make more sense.  Very much looking forward to this feature.

Auto profile switching is definitely more valuable for productivity than gaming. But since Tracer is squarely aimed at gaming we chose to focus on that aspect of it in the campaign. We will have more productivity focused things coming after Tracer.

I should also mention that auto switching is already available in the current Z software. We've just expanded it for Tracer to also be able to detect if supported games are installed, and automatically add a pre-linked profile. 

To link a profile to an app in the current software just go to the "Profile" settings screen and click "+Add" on the far right; as shown below.

image.thumb.png.1d638c13e533b24232e179918a6e2e30.png

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Bryce said:

To link a profile to an app in the current software just go to the "Profile" settings screen and click "+Add" on the far right; as shown below.

I must have missed it when this feature was added.  Thanks!!