ProPoint feedback and questions

Hi,

I bought the ProPoint a few weeks ago and I now I am a happy user :)

I used to use a vertical mouse before (Anker) and I liked it a lot, but at some point I decided that it is too big, so I started looking at Kinesis DXT, but I was turned off by the user feedback about the paint and the battery life. I accidentally found a review of a Swiftpoint mouse and I like the ideas behind a lot, so I bought it.

After a few weeks of almost daily use, here is my feedback:

- You should invest more into popularizing your products. They are very good, but difficult to find by the regular user (I stumbled upon Swiftpoint after reading A LOT of articles).
- Marketing the mouse as a travel mouse and not ergonomic mouse is a mistake in my opinion, but I guess you know your target audience better than me :)
- The scroll wheel is a bit hard to rotate. My Anker and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mice have better feeling.
- The second and third buttons are a bit hard to press. I guess that's intentional, but still I would prefer softer buttons. The "left" button is ok.
- The mouse "feet" are not slippery. This is the largest drawback of the mouse for me.

- The gestures are a nice idea, but don't work very well for me... I am either doing it wrong, or it is just a gimmick.

So, my questions:

- Can I make the mouse wheel easier to rotate? I guess the answer is "no", having in mind that the mouse cannot be disassembled, but it does not hurt asking.
- Do you have recommendations for replacement/additional mouse feet? I found many variants of sticky teflon tape on Aliexpress, I guess I need to order specific thickness, but I cannot tell how high are the existing "feet". I am planning to stick the teflon on top of the label, in the middle of the mouse. Hopefully the teflon will be slightly thicker than the current "feet" and the mouse will glide on it instead.

Kind regards,

Valeri

Edited by valeri.hristov@outlook.com

@Valeri Thanks for the feedback.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:45 AM, Valeri said:

- You should invest more into popularizing your products. They are very good, but difficult to find by the regular user (I stumbled upon Swiftpoint after reading A LOT of articles).

This is one of our main problems, we're just a small company so unfortunately have a matching marketing budget.

- Marketing the mouse as a travel mouse and not ergonomic mouse is a mistake in my opinion, but I guess you know your target audience better than me :)

Both markets are definitely important for our pen-grip range. But we will soon be releasing  another model in the range (PenPoint) which will focus more on the ergonomic benefits rather than Travel, iPad support, presentations etc.

- The scroll wheel is a bit hard to rotate. My Anker and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mice have better feeling.

The intention is for the majority of scrolling to be performed via tilt gestures. As you mentioned in your other point there is a learning curve to using these. But once you're comfortable with tilt scrolling it is much for efficient than any scroll-wheel for moving through documents or web-pages.

So the scroll-wheels firm notches are intended for small precise scroll movement where tilt gestures might not be as suitable.

- The mouse "feet" are not slippery. This is the largest drawback of the mouse for me.

This is an interesting one, as I haven't really heard that mentioned before with our pen-grip mice. Since they are so light and have such a small contact area the friction on the skates should be minimal. But this will vary based on mousing surface and how much weight you apply to the mouse while it's in use.

I can't make any recommendations for replacements as this hasn't come up before. Having a thicker pad in the center of the mouse might work, but that could also effect the stability of the mouse. The standard skates can be removed though, which might give you more options for how you place the teflon pad.

- Can I make the mouse wheel easier to rotate? I guess the answer is "no", having in mind that the mouse cannot be disassembled, but it does not hurt asking.

If you pop the skates off the bottom of the mouse it can be disassembled without too much difficulty. Changing the feel of the scroll-wheel though would require replacing its encoder, which would not be simple process.

I dont know about the exact workingws of the wheel, but couldnt you just e.g. "loosen" the spring for the rachety stuff of the mnouse wheel(if it uses a spring) and that would make it less stiff without affecting the encoder? [Sorry for my strange english in this case, I have almost no idea how to convey that in english XD]