I was wondering if the Buttons on the Z detect as mouse buttons

Question

Before i get the mouse i was wanting to check if the buttons on the mouse detect as mouse buttons. For the mouse i have now if i go into Minecraft and assign a key i can assign anything to either mouse button. Will this work the same? Or do i have to have it as a shortcut for another key? 

1 answer to this question

By default the Z's 5 "standard" mouse buttons are set as mouse buttons 1-5 like any normal 5 button mouse; but all of the extra buttons use keyboard keys or joystick buttons.

With the Z's configuration software it is possible to set the Z's extra buttons to act as Mouse button 6-16. We do not use these by default however as almost no games/applications support them.

I have not tested Minecraft myself but in the majority of games and applications mouse buttons 6-16 will not be recognized at all. So for compatibility reasons it is almost always necessary to set your mouse buttons to act as keyboard keys or joystick buttons instead.