I see a few problems with a wireless Z (based off my experiences with the G700).

1. Space for the removable battery:  There might be enough space in the palm area, but I believe (I haven't disassembled mine) that is where they keep the gyro.
2. Access to the battery: Since the Z uses movable angle sets on the bottom, where would be an access door to replace the battery if necessary?
3. Latency: Logitech spent a lot of money researching super low latency wireless protocols for their G series mice.  I'm willing to be those are patented/proprietary.

But, yeah, I'd like one too :)

The battery thingy would be easy: either make a rechargeable one via ab hub/cable or just remove the feet to access it, its just magnetic so super easy
But a wireless one would make this rather heavy mouse even heavier :)

@Zentipede We've been getting this question a lot recently.

We're not working on it yet , but a wireless version is something we investigated while developing the original Z. Unfortunately it wasn't feasible at the time, but we hope to revisit the idea in the future.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, Zeanon said:

The battery thingy would be easy: either make a rechargeable one via ab hub/cable

I particularly dislike the non-removable batteries.  The battery is always the first thing to fail on the device.  The easier it is to replace the battery, the better.

I heavily used my G700 over the years and I've replaced the battery on it twice.  Thankfully, it's very easy to replace and a standard battery.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, Zeanon said:

But non rechargable batteries are also bad

The G700 uses a replacable rechargable AA battery.  It is a well designed mouse.  I'd probably still be using it to this day if the Z hadn't come along.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, Zeanon said:

having a dock for charging seems to be better in my opinion

It recharges via cable, which I also prefer.... mostly because the battery currently in mine has been "5 minute life" for the last year or so.  Since it's no longer my daily driver, I don't care about using it wirelessly so I haven't sprung for a new battery.  It still lives on my desk because I love it's infinite scroll wheel for particular uses.