Has anyone gotten MS Flight Sim 2020 working?

Question

I just downloaded and started playing MS Flight Simulator, and it seems to recognize the Z, there's a special section for it besides the mouse, but I can't get it to actually do anything. Pressing buttons to record them in the config does nothing, I can select from a list of buttons but all of them are just "Button 1", "Button 23", etc, so I have no idea what anything actually is or if they work. I think I selected tilt to control pitch and roll, but it doesn't actually do anything... Has anyone successfully configured their Z to work with the game? If so, do you have a good config that you'd recommend?

2 answers to this question

@jellyfish

I don't have Flight Sim myself to test this, But once you have a profile setup on your Z with all of the joystick outputs you want to use the setup in Flight sim should be the same as for any other joystick. (If you don't want to setup your own profile the default "Gaming Analog" profile should give you a good starting point).

So you should just need to go into Flight Sims keybind menu to map the buttons and axis you want to use. You can find a video of someone going through the process with another joystick here which might help.

I have FS9/FS2004, which I could use to test a bit around, but you added the analog outputs to the mouse in the software, because otherwise it definitely will not work.
Also an interesting behaviour I observed on elite dangerous with my Mad Catz FLY 5, deoending on the control preset you use to customize, it either takes the direct input from the joystick, going around the software(meaning, any macro/hotkey I bind in the Saitek Control software just gets ignored, even though they work anywhere else), which could also be the case with the Z and MS FS, so it might help, to either save it on the memory of the mouse and/or use a generic preset in MS FS and customize that instead of of selecting the pre configured "Z" control profile.