Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@lgustafson Thanks for the lead.  @MeckeOfficial you need to select "Swiftpoint Z and Tracer Software" from the hover dropdown.  If you click "Software Downloads" before CSS shows the dropdown, you'll be taken to a page where the old drivers are offered and not the tracer drivers (or follow the link at the bottom of my post).

@Bryce Can you direct someone to offer the Swiftpoint X1 Control Panel drivers at https://www.swiftpoint.com/customer-support/# ?

Direct link to Windows X1 drivers for the fast-track: https://www.swiftpoint.com/customer-support/download-z-drivers/

Link to post
Share on other sites

So using the X1 software on the Z will remove your ability to modify what is displayed in the little oLED screen since the new Tracer does not have this? Is there a user guide already for the X1? Been trying to change the color of the logo but the drop down is not working. At this point, will the Z driver still get updated or its history?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the leap and uninstalled the Z driver and installed the X1 software.  A few observations for others who might be nervous about upgrading:

  • The software offers a mouse firmware update upon installation, which you can ignore but it warns that the X1 software will not be able to connect to the mouse.  I took the leap and upgraded the firmware.  I do not know for certain but suspect this action might prevent reverting to the Z software.
  • I exported my profiles ahead of time in the Z software, which was necessary as the onboard memory was cleared when I updated the firmware
  • Using "Expert Mode" seems to give full access to program the Z, including the lighting effects, tilt options and oled display.
  • Reimporting my moderately complex profiles was 100% successful, no loss of fidelity detected.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also made the jump to the X1 software and have a few points of feedback:

  • Switching profiles via the mouse does not change active profile on the driver screen (IIRC, they were updated under old software)
  • There is no option in old software (nor new) to start or not start with windows.  W10 control panel was able to fix that for me to stop old drivers.
  • X1 software does not start minimized.  Not a huge deal but an annoyance since I'm currently updating everything and it's brother.
  • I can give a name to commands (e.g. "Reset Tilt") but I don't yet see a way to quickly import that instruction set to another mouse button.
  • Importing works a bit differently when importing new saves (details below).
  • I cannot find how to switch to a sub-profile in simple mode.
  • I am still requesting a way to change LED color for a profile without having to override/redo OLED Flash Current Profile when switching to mode

I also backed up my profiles and switched them over to the X1 software with no issues.  I then backed up my X1 profile to a new save file.  When importing Swiftpoint profile save, I am asked if I want to merge or wipe and load fresh.  I then tried to load the X1 profile save and was not given that option.  Instead, I created duplicate copies of all my profiles.

Additionally: I reported this on the other help system but I'll repeat here.  I couldn't update firmware on my first few tries.  For whatever reason, my G600 was conflicting with updating firmware as the update worked after I removed that mouse.

Edited by Demonspawn
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, lgustafson said:

I took the leap and uninstalled the Z driver and installed the X1 software.  A few observations for others who might be nervous about upgrading:

  • The software offers a mouse firmware update upon installation, which you can ignore but it warns that the X1 software will not be able to connect to the mouse.  I took the leap and upgraded the firmware.  I do not know for certain but suspect this action might prevent reverting to the Z software.
  • I exported my profiles ahead of time in the Z software, which was necessary as the onboard memory was cleared when I updated the firmware
  • Using "Expert Mode" seems to give full access to program the Z, including the lighting effects, tilt options and oled display.
  • Reimporting my moderately complex profiles was 100% successful, no loss of fidelity detected.

Dang, I'm having issues with that firmware update, my Z does not turn back on during the update so I have to remove the USB and insert it again, which cancels the update. Or I'm just doing something obvious wrong and not realising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, Anthony de Leon said:

Been trying to change the color of the logo but the drop down is not working.

There is a known issue with the RGB drop down right. If you have moved the Control Panels window significantly since it was launched this drop down may appear in the wrong position or not at all. You should be able to access it again by moving the window approximately back to where it first opened. Or just exit and re-open the Control Panel.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, Anthony de Leon said:

. At this point, will the Z driver still get updated or its history?

The old "Swiftpoint Driver" software wont be getting any further feature updates. Other than a few quirks with the new software, it should now be redundant. So all efforts will be focused on improving the X1 Control Panel.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 8:13 PM, lgustafson said:

I do not know for certain but suspect this action might prevent reverting to the Z software.

It is possible to go back to using the old software, but it would just require a firmware downgrade. So we don't recommend swapping back and forth too much if you can avoid it.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Demonspawn said:

There is no option in old software (nor new) to start or not start with windows.  W10 control panel was able to fix that for me to stop old drivers.

Both versions can be prevented from launching on startup via the 'Startup' tab in Task manager. This isn't something we generally expect people to want/need to do, so we're not currently planning to have an in-app option for this.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Demonspawn said:

X1 software does not start minimized. 

Like the Swiftpoint Driver, the X1 Control Panel should start minimized on boot provided no software updates are available, and the into prompt is disabled.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Demonspawn said:

I can give a name to commands (e.g. "Reset Tilt") but I don't yet see a way to quickly import that instruction set to another mouse button.

For now custom actions are not saved to the action library. But that is the intention in the longer term.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Demonspawn said:

I cannot find how to switch to a sub-profile in simple mode.

The whole profile inheritance system is one of the Z's more advanced features which can trip people up. So for now everything relating to it is tucked away in expert-mode.

Like some of the other advanced functionality we hope to bring it into simple mode further down the track. But in a way that doesn't introduce too much complexity too soon to new users.

 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Demonspawn said:

I am asked if I want to merge or wipe and load fresh.  I then tried to load the X1 profile save and was not given that option.

The options to 'merge' or 'clear current and import' are currently only provided if you are importing all profiles from an exported file.

This should be the same logic as the old software, but there are some issues with how this is currently working. So this system will be re-worked in a future update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryce said:

and the into prompt is disabled.

Ok, that was my issue.  Thanks.

 

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

For now custom actions are not saved to the action library. But that is the intention in the longer term.

<Thumbs Up Emoji>
 

1 hour ago, Bryce said:

So for now everything relating to it is tucked away in expert-mode.

That is fair enough.  I figured it might be a decision like that.

 

8 hours ago, ProcPrime said:

Dang, I'm having issues with that firmware update, my Z does not turn back on during the update so I have to remove the USB and insert it again, which cancels the update. Or I'm just doing something obvious wrong and not realising.

I had an issue with this on my dekstop.  Try removing other USB devices (in my case it was a G600 mouse) which might be causing a conflict.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...