dukevin

Does this mouse work on Elite Dangerous?

Posted (edited)

The mouse is advertised to work on Elite Dangerous as a joystick but I've done everything and it does not work. Does anyone know how I can use the mouse as a joystick in this game?

Also, this doesn't register at all on Windows 10. Is that supposed to happen? (Moving the mouse does not move the crosshairs)

image.thumb.png.16bd93c77648dce5401956b053a824dd.png

Edited by dukevin

@dukevin As Elite has DirectInput support the Zs controller inputs should be recognized and bindable in its settings.

However it may be having trouble due to other DirectInput devices being connected at the same time. If you try disconnecting these are your Zs outputs recognized in Elite?

Regarding your second point, is your Z not working for moving you cursor anywhere in Elite? Or just not for moving your cross-hair?

Disconnecting the other device does not have any effect. And The buttons do work in Elite but none of the joystick motions do.

When you say all the buttons are working in Elite, do you just mean the mouse buttons with keyboard or mouse outputs? Or are joystick buttons 1-32 working as well?

Also can you just confirm that your Z's joystick outputs are registering on the Windows controller properties screen that you provided a screenshot of? And if so, that you have tried to map these outputs to controls within Elites settings?

Hi sorry for the late reply. The windows controller properties screen does not indicate any of the buttons are being pressed both for Swiftpoint Z and Virtual XInput. Nor the joystiq motions

Nevermind, it does indicate joystick buttons being pressed. However the Axis do not move no matter what I try. This is under Swiftpoint Z, on the Virtual Xinput Device the buttons do not light up (which i think is correct). Any reason it cannot detect axes?

Hi @dukevin,

If joystick buttons are working then the axes definitely should also be recognized.

That is provided of course the profile you are using has the joystick axes, or slider bound to one if the Z's inputs (example below).

image.png.c7a7127cb30adb6f09715028d4c25d3d.png 

You should be able to quickly test it is working correctly using the default Gaming Analog profile, which has the main joystick X and Y axes set to the Z's tilt inputs.