Sadly I feel the same. I bought my Z believing the hype that this really might be a true groundbreaking piece of hardware. 
It IS groundbreaking, but I literally hope it doesn't 'break' because if the software updates are anything to go by I doubt it will ever get fixed.
Seems like another great idea that just didn't have the correct people behind it, or the crowdfund was so successful it took away the drive, sound familiar?
We waited since December the 8th for Chinese language implementation?! 
I'm just glad I never got rid of my Roccat Tyon..

Edited by AODqw97

What a letdown. I was really hoping for autoswitching profiles or something. The hardware for this mouse is near perfect, but the software department is lacking. Maybe open sourcing it could fix that? I really wish there was some better communication with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4

I'm a sof

On 5/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, Phei said:

...Maybe open sourcing it could fix that? ...

I'm a software engineer and I'd work on it if it was open sourced.  ?  But some of the features I have in mind wouldn't be trivial to implement, like variable support turning into branching logic so different paths in the outputs could be taken depending on variable values.  Stuff like that.  Oh, and they desperately need the ability to copy outputs from one a input trigger to another trigger.  There's more but it's a relatively new product so I'm sure they're doing the best they can.  It's still the best gaming mouse I own.  I bought a ROCCAT Leadr and they're software doesn't even have looping support for firemode type functionality.  I'm decently satisfied with my Z so far.  Not perfect but the best out there that I've used.

I've sold 3 other Z''s to people I game with, but now we have this ignorance/arrogance mix regarding this update and no response to the backlash from it I don't think I'll bother in future if this is the support level.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:58 AM, Wykillin said:

I was actually excited and was hoping they added something cool. I'm getting concerned about the state of this mouse's update future.

There were couple of other driver/firmware updates we had in the pipeline which we hoped to include with 1.2.48. But when it become clear these would take more time to prepare we decided not to hold back the Chinese translation to wait for them.

I've perhaps been too hesitant to speak about driver updates, as things don't always go to plan. But we're now in the process of putting more development resources back onto the Z. So updates are coming (both bug fixes and new features), and we will have more substantial news to share regarding these in the coming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:41 PM, Bryce said:

There were couple of other driver/firmware updates we had in the pipeline which we hoped to include with 1.2.48. But when it become clear these would take more time to prepare we decided not to hold back the Chinese translation to wait for them.

I've perhaps been too hesitant to speak about driver updates, as things don't always go to plan. But we're now in the process of putting more development resources back onto the Z. So updates are coming (both bug fixes and new features), and we will have more substantial news to share regarding these in the coming weeks.

This is great to hear. I understand you guys are a small company, but communication is key; as I'm sure you know.

3 hours ago, Madstyle said:

Coming weeks, more like coming months since that statement was made.

I should have linked to it here, but since my post we have made an announcement with details on the first of the upcoming driver updates, which you can read in the thread below.

https://community.swiftpoint.com/topic/198-swiftpoint-driver-development-update/

Work is under way on this, with the first release coming this month if all goes well.