Sign in to follow this  
Triggered

how to output Zirkumflex / ^

Question

Hello,

I want to assign the Zirkumflex key ( ^ / ° ) to the Right Trigger but can´t find it.

when i assign ^ as an text String it outputs &

it outputs SHIFT + 6

Edited by Triggered

5 answers to this question

If you are using a Non-QWERTY keyboard layout some of the Z's keyboard outputs will be swapped by Windows; since they are always in the QWERTY format.

The way to workaround this is to look at the position the key you want to output occupies on your keyboard, then assign the key that has this same position on the QWERTY layout. Windows will perform its conversion on the output and you should end up with the key you wanted.

For example if you were using the a QWERTZ (German) layout and wanted to output a "^" you would need to assign "` OR ~" from the symbols category instead.

QWERTZ (German)

de.png.2eccce14a011da9156e7515302262fd6.png

QWERTY (US)

en.png.82b40530981208bd3d1a1ba82ecca31b.png

In text string out put Alt+0 = ^, at least for me but I couldn't produce zirkumflex from any of the symbol keys without and with any combination with shift- and alt-keys.

If you want to output just the symbol as a key stroke it seems it's not available at the time in the symbols menu for keys.

Edited by Tuudi

21 minutes ago, Tuudi said:

In text string out put Alt+0 = ^, at least for me but I couldn't produce zirkumflex from any of the symbol keys without and with any combination with shift- and alt-keys.

Thanks i just wanted to output it as a key stroke but seems like i have to work around it

Thanks that works just fine

so its due to me using a QWERTZ keyboard
I didn´t even know there are so much differences between QWERTZ and QWERTY

Thanks for the help

Posted (edited)

What abouit this one? I really need THIS key to be recognized somehow (have been using it for years in gaming):Unbenannt.png

Temporary workaround is using "," which is the other key linked to "<" in the dropdown and rebinding "<" to be also "," using an Autohotkey script:

CODE (should work on all German layout keyboards, but the Scancodes might differ on some special keyboards):

~SC056::SC033

You obviously could take anyother key as well, you would jsut to know the scancode. In case anyone need help with this, PM me or reply here 😉

Edited by SurfNSlide
Additions