MrBig1028

4th or 5th button / Gestures in Excel

Is there a way to configure the combo (front + back buttons) to perform functions like copy or paste?  Also with windows 7 can the gesture be configured to work with MS excel to scroll left/right?

@MrBig1028 It's not possible to assign copy-paste to the GT directly with its own configuration options. 

However this can be achieved by using a third-party application like X-Mouse Button Control. Which can intercept mouse inputs and convert them into something else.

So for example you could set your GT to output mouse buttons 4 and 5 on the two mouse button combos. Then use the setup below so X-Mouse Button Control will convert these into copy paste.

1868512956_X-MouseButtonControl.png.5f4a7088c8026052b5afd8017474eb8a.png

The situation with horizontal scrolling In excel under Windows 7 is unfortunately a bit more complicated than it should be. Since by default Excel does not have a shortcut for horizontal scrolling.

On Windows 10 the GTs Gesture Technology driver allows horizontal scrolling by using touch inputs, but these are not supported on Windows 7. So instead you'll need to use the Excel add-in linked below which enables horizontal scrolling via the "Shift + Scroll-Wheel" shortcut.

https://github.com/T800G/OfficeScroll

Once you have this installed and confirm it is working, you can use X-Mouse Button Control again to send the Shift+Scroll-wheel command when applicable, as below.

1008276277_X-MouseButtonControl-2.png.3d92759badeb96ae2ed753469b2b1360.png

I've attached the XMBC profiles below if you want to try this approach. I haven't tested it thoroughly so it may need some tweaks, but it does work.

XMBC - Example.xmbcp

Copy and paste are working great.  I have tried installing the add-in for horizontal scrolling several times (downloaded from a couple of different sites) but can't get the add-in to work.

I'm not certain which versions of Office this add-in supports, but perhaps it does not support yours?

I tested it with Office 365 and just needed to run the INSTALL.bat file, then close and re-open Excel to get it working.

Bryce, I'm running Office 365 on a Surface 2 Pro under Windows 10. I can pane up and down, but not left and right. Which "INSTALL.bat" file needs to be run?