Bellum

On Mac, trigger buttons stop working.

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm on Mac, using BetterTouchTool. all trigger buttons stop working on me ALL the time. It's very frustrating as you can imagine. At this point I'm not sure if it's the mouse or the (HORRIBLE app) BTT.  I'm inclined the think it's the mouse via myself clicking something in error. Turning the mouse to an angle I can see the display config / gaming gestured etc etc. Tilting the mouse and putting on "map all" does nothing. Once I can get the buttons working again I want to LOCK them.

I can not connive how frustrated I am with this.. please help

Edited by Bellum

6 answers to this question

@Bellum Just to clarify, when you say that all trigger buttons stop working, are you just referring to the left and right trigger push and pull buttons on the top of the Z? Or do you mean all of the buttons (other than the standard left, right, middle, and thumb buttons) stop working?

If the latter, the first things that comes to mind is that for any mappings you've setup in BTT to work, BTT must be running, and you need to be in the Map All profile.

Another possible cause for your mappings to not work correctly is if your Zs tilt angles and out of calibration. Since the Map All profile has separate outputs for most buttons while your Z is tilted in either direction.

To correct this you would just need to pull the right trigger on your Z and then let it sit flat on your mouse mat for a few seconds. The OLED screen will update through the process, and then the Z will vibrate when it is complete. 

Thank you for the advice on this Bryce. First, by trigger buttons I meant all the buttons on the mouse except for the main left and right and scroll in the center of the mouse.

I've found out yesterday that if I quit BTT, the buttons work again.. very very odd. At least I have a work around! 

is there no way to lock the mouse buttons to map all?  

As I'm playing a game "world of warcraft" suddenly my mouse stop working correcly because I accidentally tilt/push something? it's absurd.

@Bellum I've just realized that these issues could actually be due to the WOW BTT profile I made for you last month. Are these issues mainly occurring while you use that preset in BTT?

We will be doing an update to the Z Mac firmware soon. So I'm thinking of including a new simpler BTT setup which will avoid the possible tilt issue I mentioned above, or perhaps a keyboard based gaming profile which doesn't need BTT at all.

@Bryce Nope, I never even tried to use a pc to setup BTT with that wow profile. Besides, since the first testing of the BTT app I’ve trashed the app and profiles several times since. I believe BTT is setup on the default installation asked in the Mac install.

At the moment, I am able to use the mouse and side/top “trigger” buttons.. IF and only IF BTT is off and on the side of the mouse in digital window the “map all” feature is on. I did love the Snap feature BTT had.. but as I said with BTT on nothing works.

Even with BTT off every now and then my forward and back buttons won’t work when in the systems finder. In my browser for example.. no forward or back buttons

I've since learned to not move the mouse off the pad as much as I normally would in order to not accidentally change the "map all" config. When gaming with friends in a raid (the reason I bought this mouse) I somehow tend to wave the mouse around. Heh, I never realized until this mouse.