From the moment I received my Z, I've been missing a pinky rest. Current design of the part that sticks out at the right, is too short and useless. Would love an additional stick-on pinky rest. 

Edited by SmokinX

Personally I haven't noticed this being an issue but thinking about it, I can see see your point and no reason why the right hand finger rest couldn't be longer. 

I added my own using sugru a moldable rubber thing, works great, actually mine is a third finger rest but you could move it lower to be a pinkie rest

Edited by Midget_Army

Yes I'll second a pinky rest, the moulded on one is slightly roo far forward. It's good for tilt pressure but still need that little finger out of the way.

Have you tried using the mouse with 3 fingers insted of the standard 2 finger style? If you use edge buttons with index, left button with middle, and right button with ringfinger you should be able to reach the right side rest with your pinky.

When I started using the Z I too started with the standard style and were bit annoyed that the right side rest was too short to reach pinky, though I started to try different ways to hold the mouse to get the best grip to it and now that I've been using it with the 3 finger style I don't think I'll ever use the mouse any other way, it dosen't just give better grip for the mouse but also allows more versatile botton use.

Just my two cents on the matter, as the mouse should be customizable to fit practically anyones needs I don't see why there couldn't be extension to the rest for those who insist on using the mouse the standard way.

people use a two finger style? o.O, how do you use the wheel?  good point though I just tried a two finger style and it is a world more awkward (at least if you are not used to it)

On 13/12/2017 at 4:00 AM, Midget_Army said:

people use a two finger style? o.O, how do you use the wheel?  good point though I just tried a two finger style and it is a world more awkward (at least if you are not used to it)

I personally use the index finger for both the left click and wheel. The middle finger can be used also.

I might try my hand at a 3 finger position (pun intended) and see how I go. My initial concern is that my fingers feel quite cramped.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, CodeBerry said:

I personally use the index finger for both the left click and wheel. The middle finger can be used also.

I might try my hand at a 3 finger position (pun intended) and see how I go. My initial concern is that my fingers feel quite cramped.

That what I do also. If I use the three finger method my fingers are so wide that the index finger and ring finger are on the very outside edge of the mouse.  

Edited by Gattlin

To game, my thumb needs to be near the left side thumb buttons, it's a two finger scenario, the mouse is to wide to long and too heavy, it needs a weight reduction exersize..like a nasa space mission. It definitely needs shortening or the rests for the pinky re mapped. I do not know whether my hand is anything but average in size, like i'm 5'7" average. The mouse is killing my hand and little finger.

I personally like having my pinkie finger in the pad for knowing exactly how i'm moving but yeah I can see the need for pinkie rest. You might want to change the title of the thread since I thought you were asking for a pink (the color) rest until I read your post.

I was old school when it comes to handling any mouse until I got the Z and found it difficult to lift off the mouse pad when moving the cursor across my triple screen setup. With patience I retrained my muscle memory to use Z with the middle finger for left mouse button click as has been discussed here. I now prefer this method even when using my Logitech G502 mouse. 

• Like 1