Zeanon

Just something about all the negative feedback

Hi,

I just got to go through the whole forum and I think it´s a shame how much negative feedback exists.
The Z is an amazing piece of hardware and software I think, so I wonder why there is this amount of negative feedback. I personally have had a hell lot of other computer hardware from way bigger and/or more reputable brands, but with less quality standards(escpecially Roccat and Razer) and a hell lot worse software(Roccat again, Razer, Asus, Corsair for some instance, Mad Catz).
I think the Z´s software has everything you really need(of course there are features which would be cool, but they are not nescessary). In my oppinion it´s way more important to have no major bugs, than to have every feature. And about the update problem: my Tyon got no software update for 2 whole years, despite major bugs.

Razer Synapse 3's new macro language makes it stuck in the game. 

I write thousands of e-mail to Razer for many years. 

However, they do nothing! 

I'm mad about Razer.

Had a Razr mouse, would never have another, the software/firmware is garbage.
Nearly bought a Razr keyboard until I saw the feedback on the 2 that a particular site had sold, BOTH returned.

I love the Z Mouse and my standby is my Rocatt Tyon.
I think you'll find that all the negativity on this forum is the total lack of support, they don't even respond to forum posts. This is a company in a muddle because if it wasn't the owner would have this issue addressed.

My Tyon remains on call, and ultimately one day I think that call will come. 

That support thing might be right, but the big companys have quite bad support as well(for example Asus, the support is just horrible[at least here in Germany], they are not friendly, they take long to answer and their driver updates are quite slow).
Roccat support was just like: yeah not our problem, ask the seller when my tyon died.
For me personally the most important thing is that the software works and causes no bugs(the software from my maximus X hero just killed my whole windows...[thats why I switched back to Asrock]) and the Z's software just worked right out of the box with no issues what so ever.

12 hours ago, DonnerJack said:

You'd think that at this stage, they'll have some kind of basic support for MacOS users...

<Sarcasm>

They do, it's called - run a virtualized Windows 10 session, then passthrough the mouse to it to configure it.

</Sarcasm>

Edited by Damir
Forgot to add sarcasm tag

I love the mouse, but the learning curve is a bit steep because their layout choices are a bit un-intuitive; to me that its, it may make perfect sense to others.  That started me off on the wrong foot and at first I wasn't real impressed. I wanted to jump in and be playing Fortnite within an hour and it didn't go that way.  So I tried to find resources online, and couldn't really find anything beyond a couple user videos that didn't get in too deep.  Although the one that did have a walk thru of setting up a deep click is what I've built my entire epistemology around so far haha.

I actually contacted support thinking maybe I had missed a resource site somewhere, and while it did take a few days to get back to me, and I'd already replied calling off the request; they still sent back a really well written and conceived welcome letter, and invitation to call for help with setup questions whenever I wanted.  They also remarked about how they agreed that a series of tutorials would be beneficial and fairly easy to procure and insisted they would look into it, and work harder toward providing more resources for noobs. Getting back a real email from a real person felt like Swiftpoint's biggest innovation yet.

But back to the lack of content online; do you think the community is trying to keep the Z to themselves?  Maybe they don't want people to know how amazing it is?  Let's be honest; It does give you an advantage in certain games.  Maybe players don't want their name attached to that, or to let the competition know their using one?  Or perhaps the community is just really small?  I'd love to hear other users opinions on that.  My first day using the Z, I cussed Swiftpoint fairly often, but once I finally got the magic flowing, and communicated with customer support, I wager high that I'll be a custie for life.  Now if I could just get it to stop triggering a random "t" at my cursor when I'm writing?

t

Hey,

I suppose the community is just very small, people normally don't buy a mouse for 170€ and Swiftpoint is not such a big company like Roccat, Corsair and so on, I personally have no intentions to keep the mouse to myself, maybe I'll make a tutorial (if I have some time to do so)...

And yeah, you have to get used to the mouse (but that's normal)

Edited by Zeanon