Mike

Profile Navigation Tip - Navigate Sub-profiles

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this, please move if there is a more appropriate forum.

I find using Sub-profiles useful, however having to open the UI to navigate through them is slow.
Ultimately I'd like to see an auto profile switch feature added (hint, hint), however until then I've added the following controls to navigate up and down the profile branch using the Left Trigger.
This complements the already existing Next and Previous profile controls assigned the the Front Edge buttons when the mouse is tilted into Config mode.

Go to 'Global Defaults', click 'All Mappings' and scroll down to 'Tilt Right 25°'.
You'll see that 'Rear / Front Edge Press' are set to 'Next / Previous Profile'.
I've chosen the Left Trigger to add the controls to.
Find 'Left Trigger Push', click 'Do Nothing' > 'Select Output Type' > 'Select Profile / Reset Angles' then change 'Go To Profile' to 'Go To Sub-Profiles'.
Repeat for 'Left Trigger Pull', choosing 'Go To Parent' at the last step.

See attached image.
I hope someone finds this useful.

Regards,
Mike

swiftpoint-tip1.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is great Mike. 

I actually had this particular guide on my list to add here. So thanks for helping out!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Very handy thank you, but for me i need to use parent sub-parent. I had two profiles, no doubt, my destiny 2 profile is not a profile but a sub profile and hence it's not switching with the other command. Next/Previous Profile.

Edited by ifixit

@ifixit Mike's setup should work no matter how your profiles are arranged.

If you are in a sub profile, just use "Left Trigger Pull" to move up to its parent, then the edge buttons to cycle between profiles on the "Parent" level.

Then if you want to access another sub profile, navigate to its parent and use "Left Trigger Push" to drop down again.

Reached the same conclusion in the first session xD

I have a parent 3D profile and children Motionbuilder, Max, Maya... since they share some shortcuts.