slimtimmy13

press and hold

I'm tying to setup button presses on the z that when pressed will stay held until i release it. It seems I am having problems figuring that out and how to do it. I want to be able to press a button and its function be button i and stay i until i let go. If any one can help me with this that would be great. Thanks, Tim

If you mean a physical button, you need to have a press output instead of tap.

If you mean tapping a physical button and the mouse holding the bound button/key to it then there a couple of ways to go about it:

1. You need to disable the mouses feature to auto release pressed buttons when there is no interaction between the mouse and the user, then you simply set a button with press of a button/key without release output. You should have a button to also for release any buttons/keys that that you've set up without release or you might not be able to use them.

2. You can make infinte repeat of button/key press, you will also need a button for breaking the loop. With this method you don't need to disable the auto button release feature of the mouse.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:23 AM, NeonGamer said:

I think it's possible to make a toggle command so that on one press the function is held and on the next press it releases

You can use the "alternate" output action to get exactly that:

alternate hold.PNG

On 2/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, slimtimmy13 said:

Can anyone provide insight into this??

There is an option to press and hold it's On the top line in the third option over  click on that and in the drop down I see press and hold.

the problem is: despite selecting Press, it doesn't work. it STILL behaves like Tap.

really frustrating. i'll probably return this mouse. it's remarkably buggy, losing some configs randomly, not accepting changes to configs. really disappointing. that they don't provide any support is the nail in the coffin. 

Edited by XKuNKi

Press and hold works fine for me.....  just don't set a release action and it works fine. Using this for ReCore's charge shot and works fine. I press it and let it charge for as long as I want and as soon as I let go it fire's off the charge.

image.png.2beed248c1afeab6010e1eb0b0b4b451.png

yeah, that's what's so frustrating - this is what i have and it behaves like Tap, not Press. (yes, the profile has been saved)

they've over complicated the configuration by adding these release parameters. they should just bind the keys and take the user input (if the user is holding down then they don't want it released, if they released they wanted to release) 

swiftpointnotworking.png

Edited by XKuNKi

Ok that is working for me when testing in a keyboard tester (Don't have destiny) Any reason why its  All Mappings> Front Edge Press and then another Front Edge press? mine looks like this and works testing on https://www.keyboardtester.com/ as if it doesn't work it will only do it the one press and not repeat.

Can you take a snip of the main profile as below?

image.png.83321833a2faa2c99114bbf2815a7983.png

image.thumb.png.5f8777b80162c315c58f1bce74e054a7.png

Ok I managed to recreate what you've done i think and I can say that's the reason its not working. Delete the Rear Edge setting and start again. Click the rear edge button, and then add mapping, click Do nothing add what you want and then delete the release action and it should then work. 

image.png.306bc334bec4882202af822130a7802d.png

image.png.ed431e419753e3901b93456a8cc21acf.png

image.png.1bbe912a7b3ccd1b5781b0d13d1f80a9.png

image.png.f048d7b1ebc09d6844c000689e1b5a4f.png

image.png.bd3be7da44d98108489f3a3983c324bb.png

To be honest I was also suffering from this issue until after reading how others had failed here and then it dawned on me and now I've got it working.

wow... thanks for the replies and help!!

i found that path of mine, with the repeating Front Edge Press, suspect too but have been clueless as to why it would list that way. my only guess is that i've been using the Record feature to avoid dealing with the dropdowns and maybe the feature was substituting steps i didn't intend?

this method has worked for me! i'm VERY grateful to you, Rigger, for your patience and persistence for my benefit. thank you very very much! ❤️ :D

No problem at all. 

I've wanted to fix this for myself for a while and I read this and saw your comment about returning the mouse and that made me want to fix it. it's been the best mouse I've ever owned and i've had quite a few expensive ones from all the major brands.

I work in IT as Desktop support for a major global company so this is something I do every day and get a kick out of solving issues for people :) 

i was definitely approaching the tipping point despite finding the physical design of the mouse clearly superior to anything else on the market. the interface has been a challenge for me despite extensive experience configuring mouses and gamepads over the years. and since i've had custom configurations partially vanish after saving and closing the interface, i don't completely trust the interface at this time. (like... right now, since i have the config working perfectly, i wont close the interface for fear of it losing the settings)

this experience has shown me that while i may find the interface more challenging than others, i should give it the time to figure out and trust it can work.

EDIT: i discovered just now that minimizing (and something else, just minimizing wont do it so maybe some time has to pass as well, or some other action on the pc?) the interface will revert the config back to the Desktop profile despite setting the default profile to my custom config. i believe this explains why i felt the interface lost part of my config before. i'm surprised setting a config to default would allow this behavior, but now i'm associating the application as well to see if that helps the interface understand how i intend on using the profile.

all this to say, loving the hardware but the software is feeling a bit clunky for 2019

Edited by XKuNKi