Sign in to follow this  
El Peyotero

Could anyone lead me to some good tutorial vids?

Got the swift today and am fairly proficient with tech, but tho I'm setting things up like others are, I just can't get any results in game.  Even simply setting my right click to were I crouch when sighting in is proving impossible.  I've been at it two hours and would really like to start gaming.  I can assign buttons regular actions like the knuckle buttons to place walls ect, but what I really care about is the deep clicks and I can't seem to set them up properly.  I'm getting really frustrated.  The software keeps crashing as well, and I have a feeling support is basically nonexistent. There has to be a solid tutorial out there somewhere?

Cool community tho.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by El Peyotero
trying to get "notify me of replies" to respawn since I saw it right before I posted, but alas, nothing. Ugh

Woohoo!  Thankfully I spoke too soon.  I've had a bit of a break thru finally haha, and finally have my right button sighting in & crouching.  Hopefully I can suss out the rest fairly quickly.  Still if anyone knows of any thorough indepth dives into the in's and outs of the software managment, I'd love a recommendation if you have one.  Thanks in advance. 

Edited by El Peyotero

PS When I've tried to download other's profiles to try them out; after I download them, Windows asks me what app I want to open them.  I would assume it would be the Swift Software, but it doesn't give me that option?

Nope, Now my right sight won't even sight in, no matter what gun I use.  I've tried resetting everything, and it just won't work.  Time to uninstall reinstall?  Idk, very disappointed.  Intuitive my arse.

I finally figured it out.  Tho I understood that you start with global and add or take away what you need, and tho I also started a new profile for the game I was designing bindings around; regardless of all that; the software kept reverting to the 'Desktop' profile for whatever reason.  Once that was discovered, things became fairly simple, tho I still have a lot of work to do.  I do think it's a shame that such an incredible device has gotten so little promotion.  I understand swiftpoint is a fledgling company, but it they were half as innovative with their marketing and community reach-out, as they have been with their amazing gear; I think they'd be twice as successful as they today.  There are a lot of people that are intimidated by the software and device; I wasn't one of them, but for a few hours I became one!  Haha                                                                                                                                                                                                                      There should be droves of friendly, easy and cheap to make videos flooding Youtube, but I didn't find a single vid that sits you down and walks you thru the pitfalls of the set up or even gloats about the joys of many innovations.  Maybe when I get a handle on all this, perhaps I'll give it a shot and put my money where my mouth its ;)

Or perhaps the community wants to keep this little treasure a secret as much as possible?  That would explain the lack of youtube walkthru's and reviews.  There are some, but nothing really in the big scheme of things.  Cheap Huwaii phones have a bigger communities  on YT Haha!

I don't know if that's stupid, but what if Swiftpoint hooked Linustechtips or HardwareCannucks up with a sample?

The point is, Swiftpoint is not really a big company I suppose, so they don't get that much attention (I also found the mouse "by accident", when looking for a suitable replacement for my Roccat Tyon)

I made a quick tutorial awhile ago:

The software always reverts to the last profile edited - so if 'Desktop' was your last then it will revert to that when the software starts.  It can be useful but also a pain if you forget to set your default profile as the last one edited.

Best way (IMHO) is to create 2 basic profiles - 1st Person and 3rd Person - and set them up for whatever keys you want.  Then change the game key bindings to match the mouse.  If you then find a game that you want to do something special with (like a deep click zoom) thencreate a sub=profile and just programme that one function.