Grill <3

Disable pointer movement

Question

I play a game that uses mouse inputs from a controller, and any input from my Z moving can mess things up. I want to create a profile where pointer movement is disabled and, if possible, only happens when the bottom thumb button is pressed. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

After a little bit of fiddling, I didn't really get very far trying to edit a mapping file to override that behavior. I did manage to crash my driver, though.

The closest I got was setting the DPI to the lowest it can go (100) in order to minimize the mouse movement. You could set your thumb button to do that.

I tried the 100 DPI option already, but unfortunately that wasn't cutting it. Thanks for your effort, though. I also tried changing mouse movement to 9999 units under the profile, but that didn't work either.

If you want to restrict mouse movement when you're pressing the bottom thumb button, click on the bottom thumb on the mouse image, and next to where it says Bottom Thumb Press, click +Add. Change Input Type to Mouse Movement and press Add. Normally you'd use this to make your mouse do something, like outputting left for every 10 units you move your mouse left, but you can just leave it as Do Nothing and just disable mouse movement.

I'm sorry, you may have misunderstood my question. I'm looking to have mouse pointer movement be disabled by default, with holding the bottom thumb button enabling pointer movement.

I have found an alternative solution for the moment, which is attaching the joystick component to the mouse while playing the game. Would be nice to take advantage of the auto profile switching though.