Sign in to follow this  
Ragn0r

Middle finger is now my left click clikker

Retraining my mind to hold this new mouse is challenging fun. Anticipating the curve to be more than a few minutes.
I like to pick up the mouse and find that the easiest way for me to do this with the Z is to use my middle finger as the left clicker so that my inkie finger can rest in the groove. 

• Like 1

If you don't use your long finger as the LCB (Left Click Button) then you are using your index finger and middle finger as a three finger mouse. However if you use your long finger for the LCB (Left Click Button) and ring finger for for RCB (Right Click Button) you graduate to a five finger mouse sacrificing the thumb and pinkie for lift.
Index finger rests on the forward/rear edge switches, Middle/Long finger rests on Left Click Button (LCB), ring finger rests on Right Click Button (RCB), thumb and little finger for lift. There are four knuckle switch  function capabilities. When I blindly let my right hand fall on the Z my long finger lands on the LCB (Left Click Button). When I go old school and force the index finger to be the LCB (Left Click Button) i loose the flexibility that the natural method whereby the hand falls so that the LCB is under the long finger.
Get a grip on it and you will realize an opportunity for a new tutorial.

Edited by Ragn0r
  • Like 1

With my middle finger on the Left Mouse Button my index finger falls naturally on the forward Forward Edge Button that is mapped to function in game as Jump.

This is an interesting hand position and it does feel comfortable. I'm not sure I could teach my brain to use another finger for shooting. Will give it a go.

Looks like this helps against the issue of the hand wanting to turn inwards as the mouse seems to always turn itself this way in my grip (uncomfortably so)