mxstern18

Conditional Release

Question

So I'm having an issue.

My goal is to Press Right Trigger Push to execute functions including Left Click. Sometimes I need to press Right Trigger Push then while holding it down press Left Click then release Right Trigger Push while still holding Left Click. The issue is that my  Right Trigger Push releases Left Click in the release section, but I still need it to be held down.The idea is that releasing and pressing the buttons in any order would produce the same result even while using buttons in and outside of the config. I need some help.

2019-09-12.thumb.png.1fc4101bb965073d2e88198c057ed6e5.png530748381_2019-09-12(1).thumb.png.593adfb5949906fb39e80fcb04f17cf0.png

3 answers to this question

Well for starters nested inputs can only be used while the parent input is hold and nesting the parent input to its self just triggers both inputs as it was one input, unless it's behind an other input like in your first screenshot, but in that case as soon you press left button it also triggers the third input of right trigger push. Also it's pointless to nest the same button as first child input instead of using the parent input to configure the button, for the reason I just explained.

Also 'Stop Further Outputs' will prevent out putting any more outputs from the button and any nested ones(in order ofcourse) in it while it's held down and to be able to input again from those buttons you'll need to release the parent button. 'Stop All Loops' just terminates any repeats you have on, it won't stop any macros from running through the sequence, but it can skip any waits there might be in the macro.

As it goes for macro outputing, if you initiate more than one macro to be run simultaneously they will do that literally interfering with each other.

Hopefully this helps you figure out how to get your setup to work, although if you do hit the brickwall again let me know.

Yes most of what you explain I understand and my stop are loops were in there because I was looping left click then forgot to take out the stop all loops. I still don’t quite understand the nesting though. If I nest a left click within the right trigger push will the driver carry out the right trigger release if I use block further output on the left click release or does it only block left click outputs? When right trigger push is released I want my left click to release if I am not holding down left click, but if left click is held down, then I want a release then press action to be carried out. I feel like you guys have a way to resemble If Else statements but I can’t quite figure out how. 

18 hours ago, mxstern18 said:

Yes most of what you explain I understand and my stop are loops were in there because I was looping left click then forgot to take out the stop all loops. I still don’t quite understand the nesting though. If I nest a left click within the right trigger push will the driver carry out the right trigger release if I use block further output on the left click release or does it only block left click outputs? When right trigger push is released I want my left click to release if I am not holding down left click, but if left click is held down, then I want a release then press action to be carried out. I feel like you guys have a way to resemble If Else statements but I can’t quite figure out how. 

In this case it would block outputs from both buttons untill right trigger push is physically released, as after triggering 'Block Further Outputs' any output from the nested buttons and the parent are blocked untill the parent is released physically. Though pressing any other button while the right trigger push is still held when output blocking is active doesn't prevent them from functioning.

As a little example how this works, we'll add a third button to your configuration, bottom thumb button nested into the nested left click:

So let's skip straight to the point where 'Block Further Outputs' has been triggered, at this point you won't be able to output anything(presses or releases) from any of the buttons in the nesting sequence, so no more output from right trigger push, left button or bottom thumb button. But I said in the sequence since while your still holding the right trigger push you'll be able to output from bottom thumb bbutton what ever it has bind to it by default, not the nested output, but when you also press left click down and hold it the bottom thumb button won't output anything anymore, sincce it would suppoused to output the nested bind but since it's blocked that won't happen. Only after you stop holding the right trigger push will the output blocking deactivate for it and any nested inputs.

Hopefully that's clear enough explanation.