Ramulus

Making use of the thumb button

Question

Still trying to adapt to this software and thought I was getting close to producing a macro that kept failing...

Trying to the bottom thumb button as a crouch action that will, when holding down, enable the crouch to go up and down, and once let go, the function stops. I have got to the point that it will activate when pressed but it wont stop and other actions such as sprinting cannot happen. I hope that makes sense. Your input is helpful, thanks in advance. 

6 answers to this question

If I've understood you correctly you should just need to create a loop with crouch (Ctrl?) and a 'wait' on button press. Then add a "Stop All Loops" output on button release.

This would look something like the setup below.

image.png.ea77c3fe83f46f398a6d7ebce48ede58.png

Just another clarifying question Bryce, if I wanted to press that thumb button once and it do everything you pictured above, what changes do I need to make? 

I'm not certain what change you're after, as the setup in my screenshot is actually all triggered by a single button press already.

Pressing the button starts an infinite loop, then releasing it stops the loop.

If it helps here's some more screenshots showing what the full output lists on the press and release of the bottom thumb button.

image.png.4347ef50ba3abccac6a47856c978ecf4.png

image.png.2660bde67a9a8c6c07a2866e07fce7eb.png

Just was wondering if you press the button once, without holding it, can the loop run indefinitely, and if I press the button again will it stop. So instead of holding it, just pressing it. 

Ah I see. Unfortunately you can't do that with a single input.

So you would need to use a second input to end the loop. This could either be completely independent of the button used to start the loop, or you could use an input combination.

For example if you are using the bottom thumb button to start the loop, "bottom thumb + top thumb" might be a good combination to end the loop.

This would look like the following:

image.png.351c16ae0c29630c294d84a5ed1b788d.png

The small '+ADD' button next to "Bottom Thumb" is used to add the "Top Thumb" input.