uvb76static

Controlling cursor movement with Tilt

Question

Hi everyone.  I'm admittedly really new to using the Z, so please forgive me if this is something that's already been asked/covered.  I've searched for hours upon hours and can't seem to find anything that covers this question. 

I'm using a macbook pro, and because of how I need my workstation set up - it'd be really helpful to be able to use the tilt functionality of this mouse to control the mouse cursor on the regular desktop.  Kinda similar to the SpaceMouse, but obviously better.   Like I said, I've been searching a lot and can't seem to find anything covering this.  Is it a possibility - and if so, any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

The analog tilt functions of the Z can currently only be assigned to joystick axis outputs in our software. So you can't map tilt to mouse movement directly.

However it should be possible to use a third-party tool to map a joystick output from the Z to mouse movement. I haven't tested it myself, but it looks like the macOS tool "Enjoyable" should be able to do this.

10 hours ago, Bryce said:

The analog tilt functions of the Z can currently only be assigned to joystick axis outputs in our software. So you can't map tilt to mouse movement directly.

However it should be possible to use a third-party tool to map a joystick output from the Z to mouse movement. I haven't tested it myself, but it looks like the macOS tool "Enjoyable" should be able to do this.

Thank you so much for the tip.  Saved me countless more hours.  I'll check it out right away.